Cleansing - Toning - Moisturizing Routine { Sephora Facial Skincare Haul}

Tuesday 12 August 2014



The only facial cleansing that I do is to wash my face with soap when I reach home after my day is over. I never felt guilty about it till I read an article about the benefits of having a cleansing ,toning and moisturizing routine . I immediately took matters in my hand and started researching about the best products available but was still not totally sold out on the concept.


One of the problems I had been recently facing was dry patches on the face . My T bar was oily and the rest of the face was super dry . I thought that I would apply a good night cream and then bid farewell to all my problems.So I walked into a Forest Essentials Store and asked for one . The very helpful and informed attendant there told me that usage of only night cream will not solve my problem and I had to form a Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing routine for my skin type . I listened to him attentively but as stubborn as I am , just bought this night cream and came back home. I religiously applied the night cream and as a result there was quite a bit of difference but I was expecting more. Then, I decided to take heed to the advice of the attendant and hopped over to newly opened Sephora to find the other missing products for my CTN routine . After discussing with the lovely attendant at Sephora about my skin type which is "combination", I decided upon picking up Burts Bees Intense Hydration Cleanser,which is a cool cream based cleanser . It feels hydrating and does not strip off the moisture from the face . I was distraught as I realized that I should have started using cleansers instead of soap ages ago and I am religiously sticking to this routine to make up for the lost time . After using it for a week I can surely say that the product truly leaves the skin feeling free and de - clogged .

Another great product that I picked up from Sephora is the Benefits Moisture prep toning lotion.I chose moisture prep because for me its less about the pores and more about moisturizing . But next time I would love to try out an exfoliating toner as I also want the product to work on uneven skin tone problem as well. I love the beautiful bottle and the packaging of this benefit product.This is the first benefit product I have tried and I can say that I am starting to fall in love with the brand already. 








A Proper Cleansing ,Toning and Moisturizing routine is necessary because washing with only soap can leave your skin devoid of necessary moisture . This routine is like an "at home spa" for your face.

  • Cleansing - Deep Cleanses your pores to remove blackheads and pollution
  • Toning - Prepares the skin for moisturizing and tightens up skin pores
  • Moisturizing - Perhaps the best and the most beneficial part of this routine . 


There is no such thing as too much moisturizing ,but there are specific times when you should moisturize to optimize the benefits of the activity.You should always moisturize before going to sleep or just after showering.

The products are :
Cleansing : Burt's Bees Cleanser .You can get it online at Elitify
Toning :Benefit Toner .You can get it online at Benefit Cosmetics
Night Cream : Forest Essentials Night Cream . You can find it online at Jabong.com


2 comments:

  1. very nice products :)

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, bloglovin? It would be great, just let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria from
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog and stopping by.You have surely made my day ! Please leave your links so that ,I too can check out your lovely blog and please make sure that your email is linked with your blogger profile :)

Hover to Pin

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design